The HX series is compatible with most split-system condensing units and heat pumps (heat pumps with electric heat require field added kit .
First Co's customer is ultimately responsible for confirming which fan coil models are compatible with selected outdoor unit(s) and which expansion valves (if any) are required. To determine certified indoor/outdoor matches, go to www.firstco.com or contact the factory.
All HX fan coils include a 240/24V transformer and are completely pre-wired with 0 to 10 kW of electric heat. A sloped drain pan allows positive drainage of condensate.
For HX fan coils factory installed within an enclosure, add "-C" after the kW in the model number. For instance, ordering model 18HX5-C will include an 18HX5 factory installed in a # 9EHX01 enclosure and your choice of either a solid or louvered panel.
- Drain pan has 3/4" NPT primary and secondary (overflow) fittings
- 240V motor, 24V controls
- Highly efficient copper tube/aluminum fin heating and cooling coils. Cooling coil has a piston-type metering device or factory or field installed R410A TXV (non-bleed type). Contact factory for correct match with outdoor unit.
- Insulated and coated galvanized steel drain pan is sloped for proper drainage.
- Cabinet air leakage is no more than 2% when tested in accordance with ASHRAE 193.
- Attractive off-white return air / access panel with captive screws (panels can be field painted)
- IAQ filter panels.
- Fully insulated enclosure with matching ceiling panel (enclosure can be pre-installed). Also allows for ducted return air.
- Heat pump kit - for all HX models with electric heat (#942-1) (field installed)
- Factory or field installed R410 TXV (non-bleed type)
- Condensate overflow switch (# SS3) (Field installed)
- Enclosure (Cap" kit - for above the ceiling installation).