The HBXB-HW air handler is designed for use with today's high efficiency split-system condensing units, heat pumps, hot water boilers, and Tankless Water Heaters.
Boiler applications: The HBXB-HW can be directly wired to a boiler without adding additional relays or related controls. Multiple air handlers can be connected to a single boiler to provide comfortable, efficient, whole house hydronic space heating.
Tankless Water Heater applications:For Tankless Water Heater applications, install the optional high capacity flow control module (#940-2CV) in the piping between the Tankless Water Heater and the HBXB-HW air handler.
Cooling efficiencies are up to 15 SEER, depending on the outdoor condensing unit or heat pump model. First Co's customer is ultimately responsible for confirming which fan coil models are compatible with selected outdoor unit(s) and which expansion valves (if any) are required. To determine certified indoor/outdoor combinations, go to www.firstco.com or contact the factory.
- Multi-function micro-processor circuit board with these standard features:
- Blower Start Relay - Eliminates field installed boiler relay, allowing direct wiring from the boiler to the air handler
- Blower-on fan delay - (heating mode) - preheats the HW coil for 45 seconds.
- Blower-off fan delay - (heating and cooling models) - blower continues to operate for 45 seconds after thermostat is satisfied, for increased efficiency.
- 120V or 24V zone valve control - The micro-processor powers either 120V or 24V field supplied motorized zone valves.
- Factory or field installed R410A TXV (cooling or heat pump operation) (non-bleed type)
- Manual Air Vent on hot water coil
- Blower door shut-off switch (except 60HBXB-HW)
- Slide out hot water coil for easier service
- Copper tube heating and cooling coils
- Compatible with all major brands of split condensing units and heat pumps
- Attractive baked-on powder coated cabinet
- Primary and secondary condensate drain connections
- Easily accessible 1" filter
- Cabinet air leakage is no more the 2% when tested in accordance with ASHRAE 193
- Freeze Protector - Reduces the possibility of the water coil freezing by switching the unit to the heating mode if the water temperature is nearing freezing conditions.
- High capacity Flow Control Module for Tankless Water Heater applications (#940-2CV)