Wall / Closet Air Handlers
1.0 - 3.0 Tons Cooling or Heat Pump
Up to 10 kW Electric Heat
These upflow air handlers are designed for use with today's higher efficiency split-system condensing units and heat pumps. All UCX fan coils include a standard ECM motor. These motors offer the efficiency of a variable speed type ECM motor, but at a considerably lower cost.
First Co's customer is ultimately responsible for confirming which fan coil models are compatible with selected outdoor unit(s) and which expansion valves (if any) are required. To determine certified indoor/outdoor matches, go to: www.firstco.com or contact the factory.
The UCX can be installed on a closet platform, hung on a closet wall, or recessed in a wall between the studs. The cabinet is made of galvanized steel and is fully insulated. The condensate pan is sloped to ensure proper drainage. For installation flexibility, drain piping can exit the bottom, front, left, or right side of the cabinet.
New Feature: - The removable door of the optional wall panel now includes "captive screws" that won't fall out when the door is removed for service or filter change.
- High efficiency standard ECM motor
- Factory installed disconnect
- 240V motor, 24V controls
- Factory or field installed R410A TXV (non-bleed type) (cooling or heat pump operation).
- Separate compartment for drain connections
- Easily accessible 1" throwaway filter
- Optional accessories include field installed Heater Kits (only for 0kW models), factory or field installed TXV Kits (nonbleed type), Wall Panels with Captive Screws, Condensate Overflow Switch, Closet Hanger Bracket Kit, and Bottom Return Air Kit