FlashShield™ Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) supplies natural gas or LP gas to appliances. FlashShield™ is a reliable, lightning-resistant system that can be installed in all modes of construction. Flexibility and no additional bonding means quick and easy installations: FlashShield™ installs 30-70% faster than traditional piping methods.
- CSST flexible gas piping supplies natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas to appliances.
Materials / Specification
- Tubing: ASTM A240 Type 304 321 Stainless Steel
- Jacket: UV resistant Polyethylene complying with requirements of ASTM E84 Index for Flame and Smoke.
FlashShield™ Offers All the Benefits of Flexible Gas Piping, with Superior Lightning Protection.
- Only metallically-shielded CSST on the market
- Only product that meets strict criteria of both LC1024 and LC1027
- Highest lightning resistivity
- Multiple layers of protection
- Corrosion tested and approved
- No additional manufacturer bonding required
- Flexibility and durability allows for simple routing through complex building structures and designs.
- Pre-marked by the foot for easy measuring and installation.
- Minimum tubing wall thickness of .010 on all sizes is more robust than other brands of CSST.
- Annealed 304 stainless steel makes tubing more flexible than brands not heat-treated.
- CSA Certificate 1009875
- ICC-ES Report No. PMG 1066 and PMG 1155
- IAPMO: File No. C-3250 and Report No. 0239