2nd Generation Nest Protect
Nest Protect uses information from its sensors to detect smoke or CO in your home, test itself, light your way in the dark, and more.
- Split-Spectrum Sensor:uses two different kinds of light to detect smoke from a wide range of fires, including both fast-flaming and slow smoldering fires, a first for home smoke and CO alarms.
- Carbon monoxide sensor:detects carbon monoxide (CO), an odorless, colorless and potentially deadly gas. The CO sensor lasts up to 10 years.
- Heat sensor: enables Nest Protect to detect sudden rises in temperature.
- Humidity sensor: enables Steam Check. This Nest Protect exclusive feature uses an advanced software algorithm to reduce nuisance alarms caused by things like steam from your shower.
- Occupancy sensor: detects when you are walking under Nest Protect to turn on Pathlight and light your way in the dark. And if you have a Nest Learning Thermostat, the occupancy sensor also helps with Home/Away Assist, so you can save energy while you're gone.
- Ambient light sensor:tells Nest Protect when you've shut off the lights for the night so it can automatically turn on Nightly Promise and Pathlight.
- Microphone: enables 2nd generation Nest Protects to test their speaker and horn each time you run a test. This feature is called Sound Check.
- Voice alarms with custom location
- Split-Spectrum Sensor
- Detects carbon monoxide
- 10-year product lifetime
- Heads-Up alerts
- Sound Check
- Nightly Promise
- Steam Check
- Self Test
- Wireless Interconnect
- Emergency Shutoff with Nest Learning Thermostat
- Emergency clip record with Nest Cam
- Home Report
- Nest app
- Phone alerts include:
- Carbon monoxide
- Sensor failure
- App Silence
- Safety Checkup
- Safety History
- What To Do
Pro Elite Members Only
No need to enter your Nest Pro ID to activate the following Extended Warranties:
- 5 year extended warranty (total coverage), Includes 3 year warranty extension + standard 2 year warranty