The Nest Learning Thermostat is designed to be easy to use. It learns what temperatures you like and builds a personalized temperature schedule to help keep you comfortable and help save energy.
Use the ring to control your thermostat
Use it just like a normal thermostat, turn the ring up when you want it a little warmer, and turn it down when you want it a little cooler. Press your thermostat ring towards the wall to open the menu. Turn the ring to select a menu option and press the ring towards the wall to confirm your selection. The Nest Thermostat does not have a touchscreen.
The screen at a glance
You'll be able to tell what your thermostat is doing by the color of the background. The screen will be orange when your heating is on or blue when your cooling is on. When your heating and cooling are idle the background will be black.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Wall mountable
- Switch to other temperature modes: Eco Temperatures, Heating vs. cooling, Off mode
- Learning and scheduling: How it programs itself, Auto-Schedule, Eco Temperatures, Sunblock, Filter reminders, Manual scheduling
- Display: Take a tour of the screen, Quick View, Time to Temperature, Farsight (3rd Gen)
- Energy use: Nest Home Report, Nest Leaf, Increase energy savings, Rebates and reward programs, Locking your thermostat
- Homes and users: Home/Away Assist, Family Accounts, Multiple homes
- Nest app: Android, iOS, or use a computer. By using the Nest app, you can control your thermostat and view Energy History.
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
The Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.
- Heating: 1, 2, and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, RH, RC)
- Near-field activity
- Far-field activity
- Ambient light