The RP17 is our EcoNet™ Enabled, inverter driven Classic Plus™ Series Three-Stage Heat Pump. This highly featured and reliable heat pump is designed for years of reliable, efficient operation when matched with Rheem indoor aluminum evaporator coils and furnaces or air handler units with aluminum evaporators.
The EcoNet™ Smart Home System is the first integrated system for a home's Heating, Cooling and Water Heating equipment - allowing homeowners to manage the products that consume up to 65% of the their home's energy. EcoNet™ sets Rheem, and our distributor and contractor customers, apart in the industry with a unique, advanced and efficient technology solution.
The RP17 Classic Plus™ Series inverter-driven Three-Stage Heat Pump is exclusively designed to operate with the EcoNet™ Smart Home System. Developed by Rheem, The EcoNet™ Smart Home System allows homeowners to manage select high-efficiency, EcoNet™ Enabled air conditioners, heat pumps, gas furnaces, air handlers and water heaters from anywhere. EcoNet™ Enabled products in a home are connected through standard HVAC wiring; then contractors have the option of adding an EcoNet™ Wi-Fi Kit so the homeowner can access everything remotely through a free mobile app or mobile -friendly website. The Control Center acts as both a thermostat for the heating and cooling system, and a remote control for connected water heaters.
Along with the EcoNet™ Smart Home System the RP17 is matched with the RH2T Constant Torque Two-Stage EcoNet™ Enabled Air Handler or can be applied in a Dual Fuel application with the EcoNet™ Enabled Two-Stage Variable Speed R802V or R96V Gas Furnaces and RCF Aluminum Cased Furnace Coils with EEV. See individual specification documents for more details of the indoor products.
How It Works
The RP17 Classic Plus™ Series Inverter Driven Three-Stage Heat Pump's variable speed outdoor unit control (VSODU) continuously monitors the EcoNet™ control temperature and humidity set point, suction pressure, suction temperature, outdoor coil temperature and outdoor temperature and feeds this information to the Copeland Inverter Control Motor Drive. The Copeland Inverter Control Motor Drive converts AC to DC power, ends it to the Copeland Scroll™ variable speed compressor Brushless Permanent Magnet motor (BPM), dynamically adjusting its speed. Simultaneously the VSODU provides input to the ECM outdoor fan motor which is equipped with the latest swept wing fan technology and the Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) which syncs up with the compressor speed to deliver the exact capacity the home needs to meet its comfort requirements. The result of this advanced technology is significantly improved energy efficiency and comfort. Energy efficiency is improved by precise load matching, less cycling on and off and low amp gradual compressor, outdoor and indoor motor operation. Comfort is improved by precise temperature control, precise humidity control and extra capacity during extreme cold weather conditions.
- EcoNet™ Enabled product. The EcoNet™ Smart Home System provides advanced air & water control for maximum energy savings and ideal comfort.
- Copeland Scroll™ Variable Speed compressor. This inverter driven compressor provides three stages of heating and cooling operation for maximum comfort and energy savings. The overdrive feature in heating provides heating down to 7°F.
- Equipped with electronic expansion valve to precisely control variable refrigerant flow.
- New composite base pan - dampens sound, captures louver panels, eliminates corrosion and reduces number of fasteners needed
- Improved tubing design - reduces vibration and stress, making unit quieter and reducing opportunity or leaks
- Optimized defrost characteristics - decrease defrosting and provide better home comfort
- Optimized reversing valve sizing - improves shifting performance for quieter unit operation and increased life of the system
- Enhanced mufflers - help to dissipate vibration energy for quieter unit operation
- PlusOne™ Expanded Valve Space - 3"-4"-5" service valve space - provides a minimum working area of 27-square inches for easier access
- Integrated heat pump lift receptacle - allows standard CPVC stands to be inserted into the base
- PlusOne™ Triple Service Access - 15" wide, industry leading corner service access - makes repairs easier and faster. The two fastener removable corner allows optimal access to internal unit components. Individual louver panels come out once fastener is removed, for faster coil cleaning and easier cabinet reassembly
- Diagnostic service window with two-fastener opening - provides access to the TXV valves and the heat pump reversing valve before opening the unit.
- QR code - provides technical information on demand for faster service calls
- Rheem will furnish a replacement for any part of this product which fails in normal use and service within the applicable period stated, in accordance with the terms of the limited warranty.
- Conditional Unit Replacement (Registration Required) Ten (10) Years
- Parts Ten (10) Years
- For complete details of the Limited and Conditional Warranties, including applicable terms and conditions, contact your local contractor or the Manufacturer for a copy of the product warranty certificate.