Thermocouple 18" adjustable tip snap-fit.
- Robertshaw Snap-Fit Thermocouple, 72" length, T-46 type thermocouple with a threaded nut attached and a tinnerman clip included, Snap-fit design allows for adjustable thermocouple insertion.
- Robertshaw® thermocouples are the industry leader for gas heating and appliances. Their primary function is to ensure a standing pilot light is operative so that on a call for heat, the main burner gas will be properly ignited.
- Thermocouples are placed in gas applications to detect existence of a flame for safety purposes by shutting off the potential gas flow to a burner.
- The Robertshaw thermocouples are made of two different metals with various lengths. A thermocouple 18" [460 mm] long has a lower resistance and higher electrical output compared to a 72" [1830 mm] thermocouple which has a higher resistance
(longer wire) and, therefore, lower electrical output.
- The 1980 Series are T-46 thermocouples which have a threaded nut attached and a tinnerman clip included.
- The 1980 Series Snap-Fit® thermocouples, also known as 2C thermocouples, offer easy installation into the majority of pilot burners. Both slim and standard thermocouple types are available in the 1980 Series. They are manufactured without complicated adaptors, but with extra insulation that the brass sheath provides under high ambient temperatures.
Features and Benefits
- Easy burner installation with attached threaded nut
- Stainless steel outer jacket for long life and resistance to heat blistering
- Combination of copper and nickel alloys for good electrical conductivity
- Mica washer to insulate from shorting conditions
- Tinnerman clip included
- Various lengths available for multiple applications